Tradewater International is a Costa Rican entity, subsidiary of Tradewater LLC in the United States, dedicated to find, collect and destroy harmful, ozone-depleting substances ("ODS") in the form of refrigerant gases, to ensure that they are not released into the atmosphere. These projects are conducted under particular rules established by international carbon offset protocols so that the environmental benefit can be quantified and audited. They result in the generation of verified carbon offset credits.
According to Drawdown, by Paul Hawken, one of the most impactful things we can do to prevent runaway climate change is to properly manage harmful refrigerant gases. We seek to hire this position in Costa Rica, to support the operation and verification processes of Tradewater International’s projects. The scope of the work is described below, and is part of a continually evolving and changing work.
Location: San José, Costa Rica.
Type of employment: Full time Employee (planilla)
Coordination and supervision by: Operations and Verification Manager
Primary Responsibilities: The Operations and Verification Associate is expected to undertake activities such as the following, among others:
• Work as a part of a team of professionals that is building a pipeline of projects that will identify, collect, and destroy harmful refrigerants from all over the world.
• Support Tradewater International through the validation and verification activities by a third-party of each project under recognized protocols. This includes but is not limited to the gathering and preparation of evidence and documentation for each project, participation in meetings with third-party verifiers and external stakeholders, as well as the development and submission of validation and verification reports.
• Support Tradewater International in the preparation of documentation, planning and execution of hazardous waste transboundary movement and destruction processes, as well as other operational activities.
• Carry out specific research and analysis on government permits, licenses, and other processes as necessary in different countries around the world.
• Research and follow up to required complementary processes internationally.
• Prepare and/or facilitate remote or in-person meetings with stakeholders, partners, and/or verifiers towards the execution of Tradewater activities globally.
• Build new and support current alliances with counterparts and/or service providers which support our operations in the different regions we work in.
• Strictly follow Tradewater’s documentation and reporting guidelines and requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Environmental Engineering. Or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Law. (Or equivalent experience).
• At least 1 year in similar functions.
• Robust knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office programs.
• Experience with third-party verifications/audit processes is highly desirable.
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders in different countries is an asset.
• Experience working with CRM and other management and reporting tools is an asset.
• Strong communication and writing skills in English and Spanish are required.
• Knowledge of a third language is an asset (i.e. French, Portuguese, or other).
• Ability to strictly follow protocols and rules.
• Strong organization skills.
• Advanced attention to detail skills.
• Ability to follow-up with stakeholders.
• Ability to synthesize information in a clear and well-structured manner.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Results-driven and target-driven attitude.
• Ability to complete tasks thoroughly.
• Resiliency and flexibility to evolving conditions.
• Commitment to Tradewater's mission.
• Experience in refrigeration processes (desirable).
• Immediate availability is desirable.
If you are interested, please submit your application at: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=olWuhfwM&s=TW_Website