The Cisco Networking Academy CCNA Security course is aimed at persons who want to improve their knowledge and skills at the Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) or Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing & Switching (CCNA) level to help meet the growing demand for network security professionals.
The course is designed to help meet the demand for specialized technical resources in the area of comprehensive security implementation in the area of computer networks, developing a practical knowledge of network security administration, tools and configurations.
Short lecture sessions, individual study and practical activities.
The CCNA Security curriculum prepares students to design, implement and support secure networks. It is also aimed at those who wish to add specific understanding of security to their knowledge of CCNA networks, and to expand their career opportunities.
It prepares students to take the SECUR and CSPFA exams, which are necessary to obtain the Cisco Firewall Specialist certification. These exams count towards the CCSP certification. Students will also be prepared to take the CompTIA Security + exam.
The program focuses on the development of skills in the following areas:
- Administration and design of security policies.
- Security solutions, products and technologies.
- Design, installation, configuration, maintenance and administration of firewalls and secure routers.
- AAA implementation using routers and firewalls.
- Intruder detection (IDS) implementation using routers and firewalls.
- VPN implementation using routers and firewalls.
Security network specialist, security administrator, network security engineer, information security professionals, and more.
Students must have passed the CCNA 2 module.
Intermediate reading level in English. Classes and talks are taught in Spanish.
CCNA Security module: ₡189,000 + 2% VAT (₡ 3,780) according to Tax Reform.
Once your space is reserved, there are three methods of payment you can use:
- At the time of enrollment, using your credit / debit card on the Web page https://www.inscribete.co.cr/fundatec/
- From the Web site of your bank: BNCR, BCR or BAC under the category “Pago de Servicios- Universidades- FUNDATEC.”
- Going personally to the Banco Nacional or Banco Costa Rica and indicating that you want to make a payment through CONECTIVIDAD for FundaTEC.
NO BANK TRANSFERS OR DEPOSITS ARE ACCEPTED.
Online enrollment: from April 27 to May 18. Limited spaces in all courses.
Beginning of classes: Week of May 18.
Reserve a space: access the Web page https://www.inscribete.co.cr/fundatec, select the School of Electronic Engineering, Technical Network Program and then the course (s) in which you wish to enroll. Complete the form and keep your proof of enrollment.
You will have until midnight of the day that you enroll to pay the corresponding amount, otherwise the reservation will be automatically cancelled and you will not be enrolled.
1. Security in routers and switches.
2. Access and content-based lists (CBAC).
3. Router security with AAA.
4. Administration, monitoring and intrusion detection on routers.
5. VPN on routers for site-to-site connections.
6. Remote VPN access to routers.
The module has a duration of 70 hours (5 hours per week for 14 weeks) and is taught at the Technology Transfer Center, located in Zapote.
● Wednesdays 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Cartago facilities.
Format: The CCNA Security course will be taught in the form of tutoring using recorded classes and remote consultation sessions. If a minimum number of enrolled participants is reached, the format may be changed to classroom sessions, which also allows synchronous remote participation (real-time online class attendance), as well as asynchronous remote participation (recorded classes). Final exams must be taken in person.
Access to laboratory equipment is remote, using NETLAB.