Regular enrollment period: from December 04, 2019 to April 29, 2020.
Beginning of classes: May 04, 2020 (virtual)
YOU CAN BE A PRODUCTION SUPERVISION TECHNICIAN WITH TEC QUALITY
This program has trained production supervisors for more than 150 companies in Costa Rica during the past 25 years.
The training provided covers technical and administrative areas, such as production planning and control, study of work, quality, leadership and human resources.
It is aimed at production managers, supervisors, process leaders and all those interested in holding middle management positions in manufacturing and services companies.
The diploma is awarded upon the completion of 12 courses and the Graduation Project.
The objective of this program is to train technicians that are fully capable of managing the production processes of goods and services companies, including planning and control of production, quality inspection, support for statistical quality control, projects of methods and times, study of work, and continuous improvement projects.
Graduates of the program can carry out the following activities:
- Study work methods and determine standard times in accordance with international standards.
- Organize and direct inspection and quality control of materials and products.
- Metrological analysis.
- Support production planning and programming.
- Coordinate the material, human and machine resources required to carry out production.
- Direct production process.
- Direct production staff to meet production and quality objectives.
- Organize groups for problem solving and teamwork.
- Calculate production costs of manufactured items.
- Design and implement acceptance sampling plans for quality control of materials and inspection of production processes.
- Plan and execute projects to reduce costs, improve methods, and solve quality and other types of problems.
A ninth grade diploma is required, and a high school diploma is desirable. An original diploma and a photocopy must be presented on the first day of lessons.
An admission exam is not required.
Cost of each course: ₡80,000 colones + VAT
No enrollment fee is charged. Each course is paid separately and in monthly installments.
Cost of the graduation project:
The cost of the graduation project is ₡95,000 colones + VAT. The project involves practical work in a company where some of the concepts, methods and tools learned during the Production Supervision Technician courses are applied.
- 20% discount throughout the year 2020.
- For early payment: Students who willing to pay the cost of the program with all courses and the graduation project in a single installment at the beginning of the program, will receive a discount of 8%, and those who pay in two installments will receive a 4% discount.
- To companies: 5% for each student if 2 or 3 persons from the same company attend. If 4 or more persons from the same company attend, there will be an 8% discount.
The curriculum consists of 12 courses and a Graduation Project. Students take only one course per month, with 8 hours per week of training time depending on the campus where they are taking courses
TSP 001: Mathematics
TSP 002: Communication
TSP 003: Statistics
TSP 004: Production costs
TSP 005: Study of work
TSP 006: Human resources administration
TSP 007: Metrology and standardization
TSP 008: Quality control
TSP 009: Quality management
TSP 010: Production programming and control
TSP 011: Leadership
TSP 012: Administration
TSP 013: Graduation Project
- Group 1: Coyol (classes begin May 04, 2020)
- Mondays and Tuesdays: from 8a.m. to 12m.d.
- Group 2: Coyol (classes begin May 07, 2020)
- Thursdays and Fridays: from 8a.m. to 12m.d.
- Group 3: Coyol (classes begin May 09, 2020)
- Saturdays: from 8a.m. to 5p.m.
- Group 4: Coyol (classes begin May 04, 2020)
- Mondays and Wednesdays: from 8.am. to 12m.d
- Group 5: Coyol (classes begin May 04, 2020)
- Mondays: from 1p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Group 6: Alajuela (classes begin May 09, 2020)
- Saturdays: from 8a.m. to 5p.m.
- Group 7: Alajuela (classes begin May 04, 2020)
- Mondays and Tuesdays: from 6 p.m. to 10p.m.
- Group 8: Cartago (classes begin May 07, 2020)
- Thursdays and Fridays: from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Group 9: Zapote (classes begin May 05, 2020)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: from 6p.m. to 10p.m.
- Group 10: San Carlos (classes begin May 04,2020)
- Mondays and Tuesdays: from 5:30p.m. to 9:30p.m.
- Group 11: San Carlos (classes begin May 09, 2020)
- Saturdays: from 8 a.m. to 5p.m.